2016-2017 FORT MYERS BEACH ELEMENTARY REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
For students enrolling into a Florida school for the very first time
*returning to the Lee County School District
- ANYONE WHO REGISTERS A STUDENT MUST SHOW PHOTO ID.
- ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE or copy faxed from previous school to our office.
- HEALTH EXAMINATION (Physical): the exam must be dated within 12 months prior to registration. A physical is NOT REQUIRED if student is entering from any Florida Public or Private School unless you are registering for Kindergarten.SOCIAL SECURITY CARD (If available)
- FLORIDA CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION can be obtained free by taking your former state’s immunization record to the Lee County Health Department, 3920 Michigan Ave., Ft. Myers, FL. Appointment is required please call 239-461-6100.
- PROOF OF ADDRESS - Only ONE of the following documents are required:
- Current electric bill, water bill, cable bill or land line telephone bill .
- Signed Lease Agreement or Statement From Landlord on their letterhead verifying occupancy. *Leases and Landlord statements may require verification. Additional documentation may be required prior to registration or change of address.
- Homestead Exemption Card. If you have property with homestead, that is the address that must be used when enrolling your child.
- If You Are Building A House – Mortgage Acceptance Letter including: your name, loan number, property address and a letter from the builder with an expected completion date. (The completion date and the date the child will start attending school must be within a sensible time period in relation to each other).
- If You Are Buying A House – settlement statement or mortgage acceptance letter including: your name, loan number, property address and closing date. WE DO NOT ACCEPT: sales contracts, commitment letters, pre-approval letters or truth in lending statements.
- If Living With Relatives Or Friends – a letter from them listing your name and the names of your children, stating that you are residing at their address and a copy of one of the documents listed above to verify their address.
- We Do Not Accept driver’s license as proof of address
- PROOF OF CUSTODY is required if child is not living with both natural parents.
NAME AND ADDRESS OF LAST SCHOOL ATTENDED.
COPY OF LAST REPORT CARD (If available)
COPY OF IEP (Individual Education Plan) if your child is in an Exceptional Student Education Program (ESE).
*If RETURNING to the Lee County School District you only need to provide Immunization Record, appropriate Proof of Address, and if applicable Proof of Custody and an IEP if your child has one. See above for additional information regarding these documents.